Useful vegetables and fruits to grow
There is nothing better than picking your own fresh vegetables and fruits from your own garden, especially when they are organically grown. They taste just delicious and are so good for you.
There are a number of vegetables and fruits you can grow in your own garden, whether that is outside in your backyard, on your balcony or even on your kitchen windowsill if you only have an apartment and not much room.
If you have a house with some form of backyard, you can grow a number of vegetables and fruits to ensure you have fresh produce daily.
Some easy-to-grow fruits and vegetables are (but you can try others too):
- Herbs - there are a number of great herbs to grow: basil, parsley, coriander among others
- Lettuce - try the more exotic varieties in lots of different colours to get more antioxidants
- Onions - spring onions, shallots or scallions are all different varieties of onions and are so good for you
- Strawberries - they grow well in most gardens
- Tomatoes - try the different varieties in different colours
You can grow all the fruits and vegetables that are recommended for the simple backyard garden.
Window sill pots
If you are short of space you can still grow tomatoes and herbs in pots on your windowsill in the kitchen.
Here are some heirloom and organic seeds to try for your own organic garden (you can also search Amazon.com for heirloom seeds - which includes organic seeds - to find other seeds than the ones below):